Search This Blog to find the one you are searching for...

Friday, August 7, 2026

The Twin Mistakes - Purest Truth

 

I own the error now, the heavy toll:
The first was letting you invade my heart,
The second was to bare my naked soul,
And speak the words that tore my peace apart.

To say "I love you" was the final slip,
A careless dropping of a heavy shield,
The sentence trembling on an open lip,
The private wound I needlessly revealed.

Yet do not think I vow to keep them stilled;
These honest words arose from spaces clean,
By pure and simple inclination filled,
Where neither artifice nor guile had been.

I felt the urge, and so I let it speak;
I listened to the heart, and not the brain.
Though others call it foolish, blind, and weak,
That truth remains my proudest, deepest gain.

No comments:

Featured Post

Quest

Small life, wishing so much, Unware of our destination Moving all around in search of unknown peace.. Peace, which in turn brings smile ...