Monday, April 8, 2013

It So Happened - Part-10



Our externals exams in college started, i gave my 4 papers, it was ok ok sort, the fifth paper was horrible, everyone was feeling angry towards the question paper preparer, we had almost all questions out of syllabus question. Everyone was shattered, out of the examination hall, all were shouting, raising their words, talking to each other. I wasn't interested neither to hear nor to say any words, I just moved out of the examination hall, and went back to home, to prepare for my last paper.

While I was preparing for my examination, I glanced towards my brother, i felt he was crying, then I thought it might be my illusion. I kept my concentration towards my studies. Again i heard sounds of breath taking as if some one was crying, Is it my brother, I went out to the balcony of our house, it is small place attached to our room, where we usually stand to take fresh air in morning or evening time. He was standing there gazing at a tree, crying silently.

I was shocked, asked, "Hey bro? whatz the matter? What happened? why are you crying? Are you facing any problem in understanding the subject? Tell me, if so I shall help you?, Why are you crying tell me, I shall help you.." He was numb, silence around. I again said, "Is it love failure? Bro dont worry? heck with that girl who rejected you, Cool yaar, you would get the charm like that accident girl". I said such words to make him laugh a bit, Still he was silent.

Cool, didn't succeed in bringing him back his smile. Said, "cool atleast say me whatz the matter, I shall hear it, if you dont want me to interfere it, Just say me, I shall not share with any, I promise." He was still silent. I got angry, said, "cool charm, have to prepare for my paper, you keep crying, I dont understand why you dont wanna say me?".

I gave my last paper, was happy for completing our external exams. So next is vacation of around one month. I had great plans for this vacation. Was very much delighted, All outside the exam hall was gathered in groups and talking. Obviously they would be talking about the vacation plans; all would be delighted like me. I just want to know the joining date of next semester, went near the notice board to look for it. 

I was shocked to see what was on the notice board, the books in my hand fell down, seriously that news was so shocking that I wouldn't have been surprised even If I would have fell unconscious. So the news was condolence news. Condolence for a person's death.

The breakfast guy's photo was on the notice board, Above his photo they had written the Condolence for Surya's death yesterday. I took deep breath, I was feeling so so bad, something as if I felt like, I have to go near him, and slap and say wake up, how can you die? Wake up... my eyes filled with tears, I wouldn't control myself. I ran from there, I reached my house. I dont know, why am I crying for him, he is just my collegemate, he is not even my friend, but I was feeling very sad, as if I lost something in my life sort.

I was still crying in the room, my brother entered the room, he saw me and said, "so you got to know". What does that mean, he knew that earlier. I asked him, “Were you knowing earlier that Surya is no more? When did you come to know that? Why didn't you say me?". He said, "I knew yesterday it, you were preparing for exams, I knew after hearing that news you would go down, I didn't wanted to make you feel down. So didn't say you". My tears rolled, I was unable to control my feelings, but what feelings? I had no feelings towards him, still I don’t know, what was that made me to cry.

My brother left me alone for a while. When he entered the room again, I was calm down, Was playing games on my mobile. Seeing me relaxed, he was searching something inside his bag. "what is that you are searching?" He said, "nothing I had misplaced my specs, so was searching for it." "Oh fine, Can I ask one thing? How did you get to know the news of Surya's death? How did he died?" He kept silence for a minute, "I got a SMS, I don’t have any idea about what happened." He said so much and moved out of the room. 

No comments: